Charismatic, outgoing, and dynamic professional with a great sense of humor and exceptional managerial, public speaking, communication, presentation, and instructional skills. Dual-degreed and highly experienced in Project Management, Public Relations, Marketing, Web and Social Media Strategy and Event Management with well-developed planning, organizing, and scheduling capabilities. Google Adwords Professional Certified. Time Person of the Year 2006. Significant strengths in:
- Communications (Written & Verbal)
- Interactive Marketing including Social & New Media
- Website Strategy & Development
- Public Relations
- Event Planning & Management
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Media Planning & Placement
Gavin Advertising, York, PA (1/2012-present)
Director of PR & Communications
Bonnie Heneson Communications (BHC), Baltimore, MD (7/2010-1/2012)
Senior Account Executive and Interactive Specialist
- PR and Media Outreach (see Symphony of Lights Case Study)
- Project Manager on web projects, design collateral, e-blasts, quarterly newsletters
- Consultant on special events and fundraisers: VIVA ITALIA Car Show, Symphony of Lights
- Symphony of Lights integrated marketing campaign 2011 winner of Maryland Society of Healthcare Strategy and Market Development (MSHSMD) Alfred Knight Award of Excellence and Best of Show nominee.
- Create and maintain Social Media accounts – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Client Fundraising and Development: writing appeal letters and grant applications
- 2010 End-of-year appeal letter for healthcare client has resulted in $40,000 in gifts as of Feb. 2011
On Location Tours (aka The Sex & the City Tour Company), New York, NY (4/2009 – 6/2010)
Online Marketing Manager
- PR and Online Marketing Outreach – gained press from media sources such as The New York Times, Ok! Magazine, USA Today, Washington Post, Entertainment Weekly, PopEater, Seventeen, Cosmopolitan UK, and many more.
- Extensive SEO and link building campaign (from PR 5 to PR 6 in 10 months; from 1,400 Y! Links in 4/09 to 7,350 Y! Links in 1/10)
- Project Manager of new website design: http://www.screentours.com
- Coordinated special events
- Tour & movie premiere of SATC2, with Willie Garson (Stanford Blatch) making special appearance
- Special Gossip Girl Tour with Zuzanna Szadkowski, who plays Dorota on the show
- Product Development – researched and created new tours, including Gossip Girl and Brooklyn tours
- Created and maintained Social Media Marketing – Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Managed online advertising and search engine marketing
- Managed web affiliate program
StructuredWeb, New York, NY (5/2008 – 4/2009)
Marketing Services Manager
- Managed design, architecture and implementation of interactive projects for over 50 web projects
- Search engine marketing, direct mail campaigns, email blasts, and landing page campaigns
- Served as Point Person and lead client interaction on website design and marketing projects
- Google Adwords Professional Certification
Mayor’s Commission on Literacy, Philadelphia, PA (2/2007 – 5/2008)
- Performed all planning, scheduling, logistical, managerial, and advertising requirements for a key event of the office, the Annual Technology and Adult Education Conference
- Facilitated all professional development training sessions in the area of technology.
- Ran all organization direct marketing, including email campaign, direct mail campaigns, internet marketing
Center for History & New Media, Fairfax, VA (8/2005 – 12/2006)
Web Project Manager – Account Management
- Managed design and implementation of digital history projects from conception to completion.
- Made key contributions to grant writing procedures.
- Served as web content writer and copy editor.
- Managed marketing initiatives: print and publicity design, email blasts, new site launches
Responsibilities included choosing texts; regular individual and group conferencing with students; curriculum design; assignment construction; lecturing; creative thinking; grading assignments. Administered tests and exams, maintained records, and classroom management.
Xroads, University of Virginia American Studies Department, Charlottesville, VA (8/2003 – 8/2004)
Web Project Manager
Served as Project Manager on several new initiatives on the American Studies Archive, Xroads, at the University of Virginia (http://xroads.virginia.edu/). Managed projects include the Yellow Pages project and America in the 1930’s.
Monticello, Home of Thomas Jefferson, Charlottesville, VA (8/2003 – 8/2004)
Provided services as a Tour Guide and ensured highest degree of quality customer relations. Conducted research on the life of Thomas Jefferson and presented his story in an interesting and engaging way to visitors as a House Guide.
Master of Arts, Major: English (Specialization in American Studies), Graduated August 2004
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Bachelor of Arts, Majors: English Literature and Theatre Arts, Graduated December 2002
Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA
- Summa Cum Laude with Honors in both majors
- Phi Beta Kappa
Lancaster University, Lancaster, England, August-December 2001
Non-degree program (in English)
- Experience working with CMSs and CRMs
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional, InDesign
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access)
- Apple iLife Suite (iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, Garageband)
- Web 2.0: blogging, social networking/marketing
- Working with WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla! Content Management Systems
- Ability to utilize Mac and PC operating databases
- Experienced presenter in both professional and academic settings
- Demonstrated leadership ability from teaching experience
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills
- Google Adwords Professional Certified